Though facing an economic crisis, there are still those who are willing to spend huge amounts of money on luxury items to add them to their valuable collections. Here is this year’s list of expensive items on the market.
1. Antilla. This 27-story skyscraper is owned by Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani. This luxury house features 5 parking spaces, 13 helipads, 2 holding backyards, and 3 swimming pools as well as a health center with Jacuzzi, entertainment center, gym, and a four-story garden. Each floor is created using a unique aesthetic design and set of materials. This world’s most expensive house is worth near $2 billion.
2. Eclipse. Launched on June 12, 2009, this 560-foot luxury motor yacht costs over $1.1 billion. This is owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. This super yacht is equipped with 3 boats, 2 helicopters, and a mini-submarine. It is also installed with intruder detection and German-built missile defense systems. This is presently the world’s most costly and biggest private yacht ever made.
3. 201-Carat Chopard. This $25 million jewelry is the world’s most expensive timepiece. It is stuffed with 3 heart-shaped diamonds. It has a spring-loaded mechanism that allows those 3 diamonds to mechanically open up when pressed.
4. Maybach Exelero. This high performance luxury sports car is worth $8 million. This two-seater coupe can accelerate from 0-60mph in just 4.4 seconds.
5. Goldstriker iPhone 3GS Supreme. This $3.2 million luxury phone is made by top Flash maker Stuart Gaines. It has a diamond-covered home button and a custom box made of solid platinum. The Apple logo at the back of the phone is encrusted with 53 individual diamonds.
6. Harry Winston Ruby Slippers. Using 4,600 ruby stones, Ronald Winston, son of shoe designer Harry Winston, made today’s most expensive shoe as a celebration of the 50th anniversary of “The Wizard of the Oz”. This $3 million slipper consists of 50 carats of diamonds and 1,350 carats of rubies.
7. Fender Stratocaster. This $2.8 million luxury guitar is ranked as the most expensive guitar being sold in the history. This was a donation given to an Asian charity auction, which is called Reach Out to Asia, last 2005 that aimed to help victims of Asian Tsunami. It has the signatures of famous Rock 'n' Roll legends, including Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney, Pete Townsend, Mark Knopfler, Sting, and Jeff Beck. This was originally auctioned for $1 million.
8. Luvaglio Laptop. This diamond-studded, million-dollar laptop has a very rare diamond stone that doubles up as the power button and acts as security identification as well. Like the original Luvaglio laptop, it also has a 128GB memory, Blue-Ray drive, and a 17” LED widescreen with anti-reflective glare.
9. Red Tibetan Mastiff. This world’s most elite dog was purchased by a Chinese coal baron for $1,500,000. This 11-month-old dog is named “Big Splash”.
10. Clive Christian Imperial Majesty. The Guinness Book of Records’ most expensive perfume goes to Clive Christian Imperial Majesty. This $215,000 perfume has a 5-carat diamond cap and an 18-carat gold round ring around its bottle’s neck.
Credits: http://pptgeeks.com (photo)