In putting up a business, most especially when it operates online, the most essential thing is building your own website. After your hired web designer put up your site, the next thing to do is find a web host. It may take you some time to before finding a good web hosting company that can cater all your needs. Just be sure to choose the best one. To give you a deeper understanding about web hosting, here are some of the common misunderstandings about the service.
1. All affordable web hosting is always undependable. The size of your budget is always a big factor in choosing your web host. Every web owner desires for the best hosting company they can find. They usually think that those companies which offer cheaper services cannot be trusted. Actually there are some web hosts that provide affordable and yet reliable services at the same time.
2. Unlimited web hosting is the best option. The attached “unlimited” word attracts the attention of every web owner who is searching for a potential host. But the truth is there is really no such thing as unlimited disk space or bandwidth. Your host might terminate your account when you start to get a lot of visitors. The more visitors you have on your site, the more work the server has to do.
3. You can never find a quality web hosting service for free. This belief is actually wrong. There are a lot of successful hosting companies that offer quality web hosting free of charge. Web owners who usually start their websites using free hosting services will later upgrade their account to a paid one. If you need a free good service, you need to do some in-depth research. Once you found one quality free hosting service, consider yourself lucky because it is actually worth it.
4. Free hosting is the best choice. Free web hosting services may be beneficial to you and your business but it is not actually the best option for you especially if you have plans in expanding your site. There are some hosting companies that offer small amount of bandwidth and disk space that might not be enough for your site. Some of them also save a space on your site for their own promotional activities.
5. Going with a good hosting company will not cause any issues or problems. You can never find a perfect hosting provider. You can encounter different hosting issues with any company, which is natural. However, you cannot blame every single problem that may arise to your host. You should also do some preparatory measures to prevent those issues to arise.
6. Any type of server for your site will do. You should check the package which your hosting company provides you. Make sure that you will choose a proper hosting server that will fit your needs on your site to avoid any future problems. Any wrong decision you will make will just waste your time and money.